Friday, February 22, 2008

Sightseeing in London




Well, to start with, we found somewhere to live! Nothing flash but it's lockable and warm. Sharing with 5 other people in a 4 bedroom house! AND only 1 toilet and shower! We'll see how we go, we're there for the next 3 months.

So after finding that we decided to relax and go sightseeing. On our first day we visited Buckingham Palace, pretty cool place but the guards are boring. They don't really do much, I feel sorry for them! We also spent a few hours in Harrods, most of this was trying to find the gift shop in that maze of a place but we did stop for some Crispy Creme donuts..mmmm delicious! Harrods is just huge, can't really afford anything in it but nice to look at anyway. We also took a walk in West End to look at the theatres and what musicals I'm going to drag Liz along to hehe So many!! On our second day we went to Westminster Abbey which was just beautiful. I can't believe how much work and detail is in that place so amazing. My favourite so far. Also went to Big Ben, London Eye and tried to walk to the Tower Bridge but only made it as far as London Bridge before our feet and our bellies began to complain. Am enjoying the pub life over here, especially the food! Pub meals rock! Another place that I'm sure I will frequent alot is the Camden Markets, oh. my. goodness. So much stuff you cannot walk it all in a afternoon! And it's so close to our house....so convenient, a little too convenient!

2 comments:

tammy fay said...

WOW! You guys have made it. I know you will love living over there. I loved sight seeing and wish I would have seen more theatre productions. Try and get to Shakespeare Glob theatre if you can, the standing tickets are quite cheap. I loved the abbey thought it was absolutely gorgeous. The walking tours in London are quite cheap and a great way to see London. And nic you have to check out the Tiger Tiger night club at Picadilly Circus, they have 5 different levels and on the bottom one they play eighties music all night long - sorry liz! Have a fantastic time ladies, glad you have somewhere to live now. Good luck with the job hunting. Nic if you want to go through an agency i can get some info for you. Happy shopping girls!! I miss ya heaps. tammy fay x

Mike said...

Awwwww.... you look so cute all rugged up in your jacket and scarf!!! BLESS!!!